*To see the entire Newsletter, click here.
Dr. Notes – News from Mike
“Fall is in full swing over here at Dr. Shrink and we’re here to help with anything you need. Check out our new catalog for this year with all new how-to diagrams and charts to help make your shrink wrap job as easy as can be. Our extensive how-to library is always growing as we strive to bring you the best resources for shrink wrap applications across all of the various industries that we serve. Check out our new Shrinkfast 998 Repair Video below to keep your 998 Heat Tool in top notch working condition. In need of some hands-on training? We have another one of our ShrinkWrap U training courses coming up on October 25th. Space is limited, so sign up today to reserve your spot!
From all of us here at Dr. Shrink, have a safe and Happy Halloween!”
-Mike Stenberg, President & CEO, Dr. Shrink, Inc.
Tips for the Ultimate Shrink Wrap Job
This handy guide has all of the information you need to shrink wrap a recreational boat, a sailboat mast down or mast up, as well as film sizes and venting, how to properly install our DS-683 Weather-Tight Vent and how to properly use the strapping and buckles. Click here to see the entire guide.
The Dr. has you covered with a growing library of how-to videos. We cover a wide variety of shrink wrap applications from recreational boat wrapping, full encapsulations, RV campers, patio furniture and sailboats with the mast up! Access the how-to videos on the training section of our website or on our YouTube Channel.
Quick Refresher on How-To Shrink Wrap a Boat
It’s time for a quick refresher course from the professionals at Dr. Shrink! Click here for our quick 8-minute video that shows you how to wrap a boat for storage with a support structure.
Dr. Shrink supplies premium, 100% virgin resin shrink wrap in widths of 12′ to 60′ in a variety of lengths and mil thicknesses. 6 and 7-mil shrink wrap is recommended for boat storage. Dr. Shrink also supplies a complete line of installation accessories – everything you need to complete your shrink wrap job from start to finish.
Dr. Shrink’s Installation Accessories
Dr. Shrink has all of the installation accessories you need to make you shrink wrap job easier, faster, and cleaner. Here are some of our most popular boat/marine accessories:
– Venting is one of the most important parts of wrapping a boat. A properly ventilated cover will allow cross-flow ventilation throughout the cover, minimizing chances of excess moisture and mildew. Our Weather-Tight Self-Adhesive Vents are easy to install using the one-piece pull tab that exposes over 15 square inches of adhesive. They are water resistant and can be installed either vertically or horizontally. Don’t forget to check out our Weather-Tight Filter Vent – it uses a filter pad inside the vent top to keep dust, bugs, dirt and other debris out of shrink wrapped products.
– Our Heat Shrink Tape is a 9-mil polyethylene tape that is designed to seal pleats, seams and holes as well as install doors. It also has a powerful backing that adheres nicely to shrink wrap. It’s available in blue, white or clear and in a variety of sizes.
– The End Caps and Bottom Caps are designed to fit on the top and bottom of 2×4 boards commonly used as support poles under shrink wrap covers. They have slits every 90° for the woven cord strapping to slide into and when the cover is shrunk, the sections flex downward forming a protective pad on the top to eliminate pole poke-through. Bottom Caps have non-skid discs attached for added stability.
– Dr. Shrink is improving on it’s End Caps with this heavy-duty Rhino Cap. Designed for optimum pierce protection, it features more surface area, greater strength, and strapping grooves to make your strapping structure easier to create and more durable than ever. It’s designed to keep support poles from poking through shrink wrap on storage covers.
– The Professional Film Cutting Knife is used to safely and smoothly cut shrink wrap during installation. No danger of scratching or cutting with its hooked end.
– The Ring Cutter is a convenient strap cutting tool that allows you to keep a blade available throughout the shrink wrap process and cuts our woven cord strapping with ease.
Don’t forget when you order – do you have enough: tape, vents, strapping, buckles or zipper access doors? These are our most common reorder items and can be easily added to any order. If at any time you have questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 800-968-5147 or email us. We’re here to help.
Breast Cancer Awareness
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Dr. Shrink wants to help. Shrink wrap a boat this year in PINK from Dr. Shrink! Make a statement, all while helping raise awareness for breast cancer research. Dr. Shrink will be making a 10% donation for every roll of pink shrink wrap sold. Our pink shrink wrap is available in 14′ x 128′ 8-mil and 17′ x 110′ 8-mil. There’s no better way to show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness than by showing/wearing/promoting the color pink. Promote awareness by adding pink to your wardrobe, wallet/purse, and of your shrink wrap jobs during October.
Featured Video: Shrinkfast 998 Repair – Click here to see the whole video.
October Steals, Deals & Discounts
Quote of the Month: “Orders come quickly and in good shape. Your products are excellent. You are my only source for shrink wrap and associated products and will remain as such.” – John D. Edina, MN Customer